Mountain Biking Fundamentals Skills Course
Mountain biking suitable for novice off roaders
What you will learn
The following modules are covered during the course:
- Bike set up and rider positioning
- Hill techniques (starting on slopes and progressing to steeper hills)
- Cornering techniques for efficient riding and grip
- Line choices (mud, gravel, tree roots etc.)
- Small drops offs (steps, roots, logs etc)
- Front Wheel Lifts
- Balance techniques
- Opportunity to try clipless pedals
- Trailside kit to carry
You will need need a mountain bike to get the most out of this course however a hybrid bike with knobbly tyres would cope with the more gentle obstacles but still give you an opportunity to practice and enjoy the day.
You can hire a mountain bike from us by contacting us (please give us your height so we can size the bike to you) and paying on the day (£25). Cyclocross bikes are not suitable for the course.