Group Landscape Photography Course Brecon Beacons
Landscape Photography Workshop for groups 2 to 8 people in the Brecon Beacons
Group Landscapes courses are aimed at people with some experience of photography who are looking to develop their specific knowledge and skills in landscape photography. You will own a DSLR camera and be familiar with its settings and controls, although help will be given during the day. The course offers expert tuition in both the technical and creative aspects of photography and enable you to create images you’ve always wanted. They offer learning in the latest techniques in digital photography, using photoshop at the end of the course to process your best images. You'll also get to see some of the best locations the Brecon Beacons has to offer.
All One to One courses also include the most comprehensive set of course notes available anywhere, covering a wide range of photographic subjects and complete with lots of practical exercises for you to use long after the course has finished
Finally, although our courses are essentially outdoor or ‘landscape’ based, any course participant needing advice on any other aspect or subject in photography need only ask and Nigel will do his best to help and if possible allow time for you to practise your preference or issue during the course.
Key skills which our courses cover include:
• The camera settings and uses of lenses
• Taking control of your image through use of manual settings
• Use of filters and accessories and how they can enhance your photography
• Top 10 guidelines to effective composition
• How to create dramatic landscapes
• Light and colour theory
• Photographing moving water and other creative uses of long exposure photography.
Digital camera and processing techniques:
• Photomerges – creating those great panorama’s
• HDR – see how you can create that glowing castle in front of a setting sun.
• Cropping, adding contrast or colour / converting images to black & white
• Removing unwanted objects!
…………..and of course whatever else you need to know!!
All Day courses run for 8 hours and include:
• 1-2 hour studio based tutorial session which covers a range of techniques and subjects. This will also allow time for identifying any individual preferences we can work on during the outdoor session.
• 4-5 hour session on location. We visit 4 to 5 stunning locations in the Brecon Beacons, each providing a different photographic opportunity and each will make you want to come back for more.
• 1-2 hour digital processing session where you’ll learn how to process and enhance your images.
• All day digital photography tuition from Nigel tailored to your skill level and individual requirements
• All transportation to and between photographic locations (up to 4 people only).
• Comprehensive instruction handouts in digital format.
• Refreshments during studio based tuition sessions
• Loan of photographic accessories if needed
- Lunch (bring packed lunch or available in the village)
- Accommodation (available locally on request)
Essential InformationThe IDEAL photographic requirements (which are NOT prescriptive) for the day are:
- Basic requirements - Camera (& lenses if separate from camera) / Memory Card with room for 250 images / camera manual / card reader / full battery preferably a spare
- Optional (but bring them if you have them!) - Tripod / Remote release / Polarising Filter / Neutral Density filter / Graduated Neutral Density filter / any other gadgets you have!
We can assist with some of these if required. Our course notes also provide information on equipment.
- Suitable wet weather walking clothing and walking shoes / boots (although sometimes best to be barefoot in seawater as I'm sure you're aware!).
- Packed lunch and preferably water or other drink.
- Emergency contact details